May 18, 2023
To further discuss cultural policies formulation and implementation, the Bangsamoro Commission for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage (BCPCH-BARMM) Commision En Banc headed by BCPCH Chairperson and concurrent Commissioner for Maguindanao Salem Y. Lingasa, Ph.D. recently convened its 1st Regular Session for Calendar Year 2023 on May 12-13, 2023, at Em Manor Hotel, Cotabato City.
The Commission En Banc was attended by the following Commissioners: Robert Alonto (Lanao del Sur), Ardan Sali (Sulu), Elmasia Madjilon (Tawi-Tawi), Guiamal Abdulrahman (Ex-officio, Indigenous People). Basilan Commissioner Merfa Ampao was represented by her Executive Assistant Farida Salasim. Other BCPCH Regional Office Key officials in attendance include Section Heads and the En Banc Secretariat headed by Executive Director Akmad Mama.
Highlights of the 1st Commission En Banc Session discussions focused on the following agenda:
1. Formulation of guidelines on the accreditation of Sultanate as stipulated in the Bangsamoro Electoral Code;
2. Cash advances with the guidance of COA-BARMM representative Atty. Mamintal Gandamra;
3. Updates on the Writing of the Bangsamoro History; and
4. Presentation of Kadja’an Grand Exposition;
As the two-day session was adjourned, the adoption and formulation of guidelines focused on the following agreements were considered:
1. Accreditation and provision of support services to cultural organizations, institutions, and individuals;
2. Conduct of Cultural Mapping in the BARMM;
3. Cultural Mapping Project Design;
4. Request for Museum Technical Assistance;
5. Request for Museum Tour Forum; and
6. Request for Museum Technical Assistance Form.
Apart from the implementation of cultural activities and programs of the BARMM Government, the BCPCH also has the function to recommend regional policies and legislation on culture, arts, heritage promotion and development programs and activities.
BCPCH is the primary institution in preserving the history, culture, arts, tradition, and rich cultural heritage of the Bangsamoro people across the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao.